Data Visualisation (ecoData)
Real-time display for remotely collected big data.
For meteorological variables, water monitoring systems and assets
ecoData offers a simple-to-use and practical way to represent big data and information.
ADASA’s tool gives real-time, web-based visualisation of data collected by automatic data loggers and monitoring devices. ecoData collates and stores information in a central repository and continuously offers access to interactive maps, schemas and SCADA displays, charts and tables to multiple devices. Automatic weather stations (AWS), hydrometric networks, water quality online monitoring stations and assets monitoring tools are all supported. ecoData’s architecture allows it to function with non-ADASA sensors and IP cameras, too.
Integrate a wide range of commercial data loggers and standard communication protocols into ecoData. Information is acquired at configurable intervals from field devices using ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes, first uploaded into a temporal database schema and then consolidated into ecoData’s historical database.
Flexible user access permissions and security profiles ensure that the right information is only accessible to the right stakeholders. Apply security levels to functionalities (read-only, data validation, administration) or data access permissions, e.g. users can have relevant devices assigned to them, so only they can access those devices.
Several data visualisation options are available:
- Geographical display: a map showing specific field device locations.
- Device details: field device information such as name, geolocation, description, photographs and other attributes.
- Real-time data display: shows the list of instantaneous values (current) measurements, units and last update time.
- Historical data display: shows the historical values for one or more parameters. Can be visualised in a chart or a table, allowing for zooming and fast scrolling controls. Different colour codes represent missing data, comments and validation flags, and visualisations exported for further analysis.
Define maximum and minimum parameter thresholds or variables for alarms, as well as different messages associated with varying warnings. Once pre-set conditions are met, alert messages are sent to a predefined group of stakeholders by email or SMS. Both current and previous alarms’ stored and transmitted notifications are available to view.
ecoData includes exporting capabilities (spreadsheets) and a reporting engine that runs on the Pentaho Business Intelligence Platform. Users can access a set of pre-designed reports or generate their reports in almost real-time and referencing unlimited historical data.
Simple validation tools allow for the correction and control of historical data stored in the system. Data can be marked as valid, invalid or with raw values, and comments annotated. Traceability helps to keep a log of validation activities carried out.Show less
- Requires little training.
- Multiple people can easily access information simultaneously.
- Understand, share and communicate insights about data collected.
- Easily communicates complex, multivariable data.
- Data integrity is assured over its entire life-cycle.
- Enables data security and avoids unauthorised access.
- Compatible with a wide range of data loggers.
- Simple integration with other systems.