Automatic Weather Stations (AWS)
Continuous, accurate and reliable online meteorological observations.
Precise, automated observation measurements to record climate
Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) are integral to meteorological observation, from saving lives and property to measuring extreme weather events. At ADASA, we use our expertise to customise and install equipment to comply with World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) recommendations.
Heavy downpours, large snowfalls, heat waves, cold waves, cyclones, tornadoes and more extreme meteorological episodes can cause havoc. Our AWS components keep recording real-time temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, solar radiation, wind speed and direction and rainfall throughout any conditions.
The high precision measurements offer reliable early warnings without the need for on-site personnel, bringing the necessary latency and continuity. Records transmit via remote, autonomous communication systems (radio, satellite, telephone), with data reception at any distance from the station in real-time or with a pre-established period. Solar panels and batteries ensure equipment can run for weeks and months without attention whilst continuously recording all weather details.Show moreShow less
Instruments record maximum and minimum daily values within weather parameters and can track, for example, total monthly and yearly accumulated rainfall. Systems can amalgamate with the rest of the world’s meteorological networks, comprehensive statistics can be automatically calculated and analysed, all running alongside Data Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures.
ADASA provides masts, towers or tripods of different materials, heights, and types (fixed, tilting or pneumatic). We offer easy to install and maintain, high-quality precision sensors, too: thermometer, anemometer, wind vane, hygrometer, barometer, rain gauge and pyranometers.
We also offer special sensors that can detect precipitation type, current weather, prevailing visibility, soil moisture, lightning, ceilometers and more. We can also provide calculated variables such as dew point, atmospheric pressure referenced to sea level, maximum wind gusts and more.
Several brands of data logger are available and we always store them in outdoor enclosures to protect the equipment and electronics from damage.
Telemetry equipment and communications devices capable of data transmission use GSM, GPRS, 3G, 4G, satellite or radio technologies to transmit data, and we can even look at sending data through some redundant communication architectures if required.Show less
- Optimise cost of surface meteorological observation.
- Increase network size without adding personnel (for direct observations).
- Early warning alarms for severe and extreme weather events can save lives and properties.
- Provide information for weather forecasts, hydrological modelling, early warning systems and weather and climate research.
- Improve agricultural practices by checking relevant meteorological variables, e.g. precipitation, relative humidity, soil status to alleviate crop diseases, pests and assist irrigation scheduling.
- Avalanche warning services through monitoring snow water resources and thawing conditions.
- Observe meteorological conditions in solar power plants.